Treament of Injured Workers
- 25% of all injured employees seen at Work Health Options (WHO) are discharged to Pre-Injury Duties within 1 day
- Over 50% of all injured employees seen at WHO are discharged to Pre Injury Duties within 1 week
- Only 4 in every 100 injured employees seen at WHO require an Unfit Certificate and over half of those are surgical patients (compared to WorkCover NSW statistics which put the average lost time at approximately 10 weeks per claim)
WHO Pre-Employment Medical Examinations help to manage your WHS risks and responsibilities by assessing the physical ability of a candidate to perform a particular role.
An experienced WHO WorkCover accredited medical practitioner will review the results of the candidate’s questionnaire and initial tests results prior to assessing the candidate themselves. The WHO doctor will assess and consolidate all relevant aspects of the candidate’s medical history and physical condition to make a recommendation in relation to the candidate’s ability to perform the proposed role.
Medical Opinion & Assessments
Our medical specialists variously hold accreditation with Motor Accident Authority (NSW), WorkCover NSW and Comcare. Medicolegal Assessment services are available at the request of insurance agencies or solicitors working with clients in the following areas:
- Independent Medical Examinations (IME)
- Injury Management Consultations (IMC)
- Workers Compensation Examinations and Reports
- Motor Vehicle – Compulsory Third Party (CTP)
- Medical Negligence Reports
- Pre-Employment Medicals & Assessments
- Return to Work Medicals & Assessments
- Specialised Medicolegal Reports
- Life and Disability Assessment and Reports
- Capacity to Work Assessments – Earning Capacity
- File Reviews
- Coaching Services (Injury Management & Claims)
WHO specialises in Health Surveillance, Wellness Programmes and Health Checks both at your site(s) and at ours.
Health Surveillance includes mandatory health screening such as audiometric testing as well as proactive, hazardous substance screening (asbestos), spirometry (lung function) capacity testing and much more.
Wellness programmes include on-site vaccinations programmes, skin care / cancer checks.
WHO health checks are designed to further your staff’s awareness of their health status and include testing blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose, Body Mass Index and waist measurement.
With knowledge of your industry and corporate needs, WHO Physiotherapists can tailor exercise programmes to meet your specific needs.